Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bad Influence

Yes. I've been told I'm a bad influence. Want to know why?

I get people to sign up for races.

Just this morning, still high off the excitement of signing up for the Chicago Marathon with my boyfriend (his FIRST marathon, my THIRD Chicago running), I shared my running excitement with my runner gal pal, June. I knew this would elicit a response. You can't be a rabid runner and not get a little excited at the thought of running a world-class event.

I kept texting.

I kept telling her how excited WE were for the event.

I could feel the excitement building, through the text messages I was receiving in return.

And, within minutes, this message comes through:

"I cannot believe I just did that."

Followed closely by:

"Shit. Shit. Shit."

That's all the thanks I need.

1 comment:

  1. you definitely know me...which is completely weird when you think about it.

    chitown here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete